26 April 2012

Day 4 - A Knitter For All Seasons (3KCBWDAY4)

I had to think about this prompt for a long time, because I simply didn't have an answer to it. Basically, I had never really thought about it before.

I've always been the kind of knitter who just picks out a project simply because I like it.
For example, hats.  I love knitting hats, but I very rarely like to actually wear them.

I also love knitting sweaters no matter how warm it is!  Also, note that these pictures were taken last year when I was apparently going through an awkward photo phase.

I do, however, get very excited for new spring and summer knits, as I mentioned in this past post.

I suppose that I tend to spin more in spring and summer, but I'm not sure if that has any actual relation to the seasons.  These two lovelies were finished last summer!

So, no.  No trends to see here people!  I'm just a crazy knitter without a method to my madness.  If I like it, I knit it.  Plain and simple!

This post is written for Day 4 of Knitting and Crocheting Blog Week 2012 hosted by Eskimimi. To find other posts like this one, check out the website or click here for a complete listing.

18 comments:

  1. I want that last line emblazoned on a T-shirt or coffee mug -it's so how I feel-"I'm just a crazy knitter without a method to my madness." I think that's why this Blog Week has been such a challenge- I just don't spend a lot of time thinking about my knitting- I'd rather actually be knitting. Well we're in the home stretch now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. "If I like it, I knit it." I want those words embroidered and framed and hung on my wall. Love your attitude! You knit the most gorgeous items, and that yarn is absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is totally fine! I feel that way too sometimes, like in the summer I'll be craving something warm. I don't know really, I'm going to have to think hard before I post mine later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, Pumpkin! Knit on! Lovely projects, by the way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the jumper you are wearing with the cabelled yoke.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is exactly how I am, seasons mean nothing to me. As long as I like it I will knit it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You said it perfectly: if you like it, you knit it! A mantra that I live by, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything you've made is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LMAO - I am so relieved that I am not the only one who loves knitting/crocheting hats but never really wearing them. What's up with that, I wonder?
    Loving the tops as well and your handspun always has me drooling - no matter what the season

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like a good method to me!
    Love your green Buttercup and your owls. Had to laugh at your awkward photo phase comment. I think I have those about every half dozen photos...!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm exactly the same way! I knit what I want when I want. Season and weather mean nothing. I had such a hard time with this topic that I opted for the wild card:)
    All your knits are gorgeous! I love the blue and white hat. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do wha choo like always works! I love the effect just putting two photos side by side has on this post.
    Terrific yarn you spun and love that blue and white, zig zag hat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your handspun is so gorgeous! Well, and so are the hats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, me too. I will knit whatever whenever. I think it is a good way to live. Unless it's over 100 degrees out and you feeling like knitting a giant wool blanket.

    And your yarn is beautiful. I especially like the blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your handspun yarn is always so gorgeous! I really love that green top and the owl jumper :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your very talented! I took a peek at your project page and you have some amazing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely projects, especially that red sweater! I'm the same, I just pick whatever projects I like, regardless of season. Probably why I was knitting tank tops in February...........

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!